5 May 2015

WHAT IS A MOTHER?

MOTHER'S DAY 2015


THE DEFINITION OF A MOTHER
noun
a woman in relation to a child or children to whom she has given birth
verb
bring up (a child) with care and affection.
"the art of mothering"
dated
give birth to

I am a very proud Mother of two amazing, very different children.  My Son, who is 21 (I really don't feel that old to have a 21 year old child)  is an academic, in his 2nd year of Varsity studying a B.Com and my Daughter is 16,  a creative, who is in her 2nd last year of High School.  

The following are some quotes which touched my heart:


  • 'Mothers hold their children's hand for a short while, but their hearts forever.' - Anonymous
  • 'Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother.' - Oprah Winfrey
  • 'A mom's hug lasts long after she gets go. '- Anonymous
  • 'Most mothers are instinctive philosophers.' - Harriet Stowe
  • 'A mother understands what a child does not say. - Jewish Proverb
  • 'Your arms were always open when I needed a hug. Your heart understood when I needed a friend. Your gentle eyes were stern when I needed a lesson. Your strength and love has guided me and gave me wings to fly.' - Sarah Milan
  • 'To the world you might just be one person, but to one person you might just be the world.'- Anonymous

Follow my Mothers and Women Board on Pinterest for more Mother's Day Quotes, Poems and Inspiration
Here's to Good Women,
May we know them,
May we be them,
May we raise them


No comments: