23 October 2014

CHARITY: REACH FOR A DREAM FOUNDATION: CAPE TOWN


I like to do my bit for Charity and have been assisting where I can for the last 20 years with The Reach for a Dream Foundation in Cape Town.  I prefer to work behind the scenes, as although, I love kids, I would not be able to work with the terminally ill kiddies, my heart would just break.  I admire the staff and volunteers for their drive and passion.

Reach for a Dream is just that, an organisation which fulfils the wishes of children with terminal illnesses. The kiddies are assessed and then the work begins for the staff to fulfil that Dream. Much organisation, kind sponsors and donations are part of what make the dreams a reality.

This week, the Cape Town branch tried moving offices, however, not everything always goes according to plan, perhaps next week they will be able to complete the move. In the meanwhile, I've assisted with the packing of the boxes and hopefully by next Tuesday I can help them move into their much awaited new offices, after working in a very confined space for the last 11 years.

On Saturday, Reach for a Dream, Cape Town, will be having their Annual Gala which raises funds to make some of the Dreams come true and I have donated 3 Mixed Media Paintings for their Raffle Prizes, Cosmos, Peacock Feather and Under the Sea as shown below.





If you would like to make a Donation to make a terminally ill kiddies Dream come True, please visit their website:http://www.reachforadream.org.za

No comments: